Affordable Dog Training by Professionals in Arlington, TX
Golden Retrievers, Greyhounds, Great Danes, and even great mixed breeds are all capable of becoming the dog you’ve always dreamed of—with the proper training. Using positive methods proven to work, we’re confident you’ll be happy with your results.
We help dogs overcome the most common (and frustrating!) training challenges, such as:
- Jumping up on people
- Pulling on the leash
- Ignoring you when you call
- Responding to obedience cues, the first time
Call us to schedule your Dog Training Evaluation!
Customized Dog Training Programs
What makes our training programs so effective at Pet Resort in the Gardens is our ability to design a customized program specifically for your dog. We start with a Training Evaluation for a $25 fee, a one-on-one session where we’ll meet you and your dog, discuss your goals and challenges, and begin formulating your custom training plan. Listening to you lets our trainers understand your situation and, with you, determine the best training methods to achieve the desired results. We use a totally dog-friendly approach based on consistency and patience, turning training into a fun bonding experience for you and your dog.
Call us to schedule your Dog Training Evaluation!
Pleasant Pet Training Camps - Our Unique Board & Train Program
Our professional Board and Train Dog Training Camps are affordable and action-packed training camps for your dog with all the fun and safety of our award-winning lodging. While being fawned over by our caregivers in our comfortable lodging accommodations, your dog will enjoy custom-tailored training sessions every day. That’s on top of fun-filled group or individual playtimes—it’s an all-inclusive training experience. Here’s what your dog can expect as a Pleasant Pet Training Camp student:
- One-on-one training sessions every day, designed to produce your desired results. Your dog will work with several of our trainers. This is a rare and important benefit of Pet Resort in the Gardens that’s much more effective than working with one trainer. Working with multiple people increases retention and ensures your dog will respond to you, not just their trainer.
- All the comfort and pampering of our award-winning lodging. Your dog will enjoy their own private, spacious room or suite, complete with the comforts of home. Fluffy bedding, favorite toys, and always-fresh water are complemented by doting room service and a loving, attentive staff.
- Exciting playtimes in our beautiful indoor and outdoor playgrounds. Whether your dog prefers canine playmates or human friends, we’ll keep their mind and body engaged with all the fun and engagement they crave.
- The routine they’re used to at home. We’ll feed your dog according to their at-home schedule and take them out for regular potty walks, ensuring a comfortable and relaxed stay.
Our Training is Special—Here’s Why
Why should Arlington pet parents choose Pet Resort in the Gardens for their training needs? Here are just some of the reasons we stand out from the rest.
- We’re veterinarian-founded, and we share property with Farrell Animal Hospital.
- We’re the most award-winning pet care facility in the area. Various local organizations and community readers have recognized us including Living Magazine, Nextdoor, and Arlington Today.
- Our trainers are graduates of an industry-leading dog training program, specializing in positive and proven training techniques.
- Having multiple trainers on staff allows us to provide your dog with a more varied training experience. Working with multiple trainers helps increase your dog’s focus and prevents them from responding to just one person—their trainer.
- All of our training programs are customized to your specific training needs. This lets us train your dog in ways they’ll respond to best and target their training to get the results you want.
- Once your training program is over, we provide ongoing support and training materials to reinforce your dog’s new skills and ensure the results last.
New Clients Get First Night Free Boarding
Two night minimum. Discount subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offers. Applies to first time lodging customers only and is valid for any boarding accommodation selected.
Why Professional Training?
Many pet parents attempt to train their dogs at home and find themselves stuck or frustrated. Professional trainers enjoy helping pet owners and dogs reach better understanding and communication, and we know all the best ways to do it.
- Professional trainers have the background and resources to address most training situations. Our number one goal for our training program is for dogs to become better behaved than ever before. Crucially, we also teach the owner how to think like their dog. Training is a team effort for you and your dog.
- Our training facility is equipped with advanced tools and an ideal setting for learning. The real world is full of bustle and distractions—that’s why a sterile training environment won’t help your dog. We introduce the appropriate amount of distractions and use industry-best training tools to make sure your pet gets the best experience possible.
- Many owners think their dog is too old or stubborn to benefit from training—not true. Dogs of all ages and personalities can respond to the right amount of consistency and patience, and we have the know-how to do it.
- We’ll help you think like a trainer. All of our programs help the pet parent understand our approaches and how to replicate our techniques. This way, training can continue at home and beyond. These skills are yours forever!
Vaccination and Health Requirements for Dog Training Programs
For the health and safety of our canine guests and care team members, we require the following medical protocol:
- Rabies 1 or 3 yr
- DHPP 1 or 3 yr
- Bordetella within 1 yr
- Fecal exam to check for parasites within 1 yr
- Both strains of the Canine Influenza (H3N8 & H3N2) within 1 yr
- Puppies must be current on age appropriate booster vaccines. Puppies less than 16 weeks of age require approval by Farrell Animal Hospital veterinarians.
Vaccinations less than 6 months past due, may be updated upon arrival by our on-site veterinarians during a Pet Resort stay. Vaccinations which have never been administered previously or which are more than 6 months past due, require a 7 day waiting period before the pet is allowed into the facility.
Please also note the following health requirements:
- Pets showing signs of illness will not be allowed to enter the premises.
- Pets recently rescued from a shelter or foster may require a 3 week waiting period.
- Pets exhibiting aggression toward people or other pets may not be allowed, but will be assessed individually prior to scheduling.